[ubuntu-us-mi] Greg is leaving town [and a special offer!]
Greg Grossmeier
2011-07-27 15:40:34 UTC
Hi all,

This is a bittersweet announcement.

I accepted a full-time position with Creative Commons starting on
September 6th. This means I will be moving to San Francisco on August
10th. This means I will no longer be the leader (aka: point person) of
the Michigan LoCo.

Nitty gritty details: We'll be having our regularly scheduled IRC
meeting on Sunday August 7th at 9pm where one of the topics is my departure.
http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/ubuntu-michigan/80/detail/
(don't mind the UTC date of the meeting, it's Sunday at 9pm)

Please come to the meeting as we will be coordinating who will take over
what responsibilities.

It has been a wonderful tenure leading (or what passes as leading with
this active group) the Michigan LoCo for the past 4 years. I can't
really comprehend that number. 4 years. I loved getting to know everyone
who has passed through the team and even those who stuck around. You all
make the Ubuntu community the special thing that it is. Though, at some
point, it really is just our community.

If you're ever in the Bay Area feel free to shoot me an email and we'll
get together over coffee or a beer.

Now the special offer! Which is really a shameless "I'm moving and I
gotta get rid of stuff" message:

I have some items on Craigslist, if anyone is interested. I'll give LoCo
members a discount on the price (aka: make me an offer).

* System76 2.13ghz, 2g ram, 250g harddrive:
** http://annarbor.craigslist.org/sys/2511471171.html

* Creative I-Trigue 2200 speakers
** http://annarbor.craigslist.org/sys/2511516435.html

* Lian Li PC-60 Plus Black case
** http://annarbor.craigslist.org/sys/2511506471.html

Hope to see you all around sometime,

Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Greg Grossmeier
2011-07-27 15:47:25 UTC
Post by Greg Grossmeier
** http://annarbor.craigslist.org/sys/2511471171.html
Someone already expressed interest in this system.

(that was quick!)

Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Scott Moser
2011-07-27 15:55:59 UTC
Post by Greg Grossmeier
Post by Greg Grossmeier
** http://annarbor.craigslist.org/sys/2511471171.html
Someone already expressed interest in this system.
Did they take you up on installing 11.04 for $10?
Because I can beat that offer by installing 11.10 alpha for $9!

Scott
Greg Grossmeier
2011-07-27 16:51:22 UTC
Post by Scott Moser
Did they take you up on installing 11.04 for $10?
Because I can beat that offer by installing 11.10 alpha for $9!
:P
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Greg Grossmeier
2011-07-27 16:55:03 UTC
Post by Greg Grossmeier
* Creative I-Trigue 2200 speakers
** http://annarbor.craigslist.org/sys/2511516435.html
And now someone has claimed the speakers.

I should leave more often ;)
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Robert James Clay
2011-07-27 17:44:50 UTC
Post by Greg Grossmeier
Post by Greg Grossmeier
* Creative I-Trigue 2200 speakers
** http://annarbor.craigslist.org/sys/2511516435.html
And now someone has claimed the speakers.
I should leave more often ;)
You'd soon run out of stuff... (Not neccessarily a bad
thing...<g>)

Jame
gib
2011-07-27 17:46:02 UTC
No. You can't go. We'll take a vote on that.

So, happy to hear you found your calling. So sorry, to hear you couldn't stand us any longer :)

I thing you need to put up a web site for your old stuff with a unique name like: "gregstuff.com"?

Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e304f0ce79de23b191st01vuc