[ubuntu-us-mi] Ubucon
Trevor Jagoda
2007-11-27 05:08:53 UTC
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OhioTeam/OhioUbucon08

Check it out!

The Ohio LoCo is working on an Ubuntu-themed convention.
--
Trevor Jagoda
spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com
Linux Registered User #455695
Message Printed on 100% Recyclable Electrons.
anthony
2007-11-27 18:54:01 UTC
That we are :-) If anyone would like to help, please feel free! We were
actually going to contact you guys to see if you'd be interested, but we
got beat to it ;)
spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com
Trevor Jagoda
2007-11-27 19:21:36 UTC
Do you have a general region/area you plan on hosting it, yet?
spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com
anthony
2007-11-27 19:25:31 UTC
Right now we have suggested ideas mostly in the Columbus, OH region.
spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com
Trevor Jagoda
2007-11-27 23:49:39 UTC
Are you planing to do something like rent out a hotel, or are you
planing to have it somewhat lower key?
spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com
Trevor Jagoda
2007-11-28 01:21:18 UTC
Well, I would recommend that you make the hike up to Michigan, and visit
penguicon (http://www.penguicon.org) in Late April/Early May of 2008.
PenguiCon is a FOSS/SciFi crossover convention with a huge Ubuntu
presence this year, and I think it would be very helpful and
idea-generating for you to see it when you're planing your own which is
along similar lines.

-
Trevor Jagoda
spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com
Linux Registered User #455695
Message Printed on 100% Recyclable Electrons.
If we can get the sponsorship, we'd like to shoot the big bird and get
the hotel. If not, we have a few backup places that would work also
(main one is a large church in Columbus).
spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com