[ubuntu-us-mi] IRC meeting tonight
Greg Grossmeier
2011-03-07 00:52:33 UTC
Hello Team!

Just to give you a last minute reminder that our Monthly IRC meeting is
tonight at 9pm. The IRC channel is #ubuntu-us-mi on the Freenode IRC
network. If you don't have an IRC client setup you can always use this
web interface: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#ubuntu-us-mi

On the agenda for this evening:

1) Ubuntu Global Jam
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
* Friday April 1st - Sunday the 3rd
* Set the date, location, topics

2) Natty Release Party
* http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/744/detail/
* Thursday April 17th-ish
* Set the date, location

3) Ubuntu Hour
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hour
* http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/17/detail/
* Who wants to host one where?

That's all I can think of for now. Come with you input for these, and
other, topics.

All are welcome.

See you soon!

Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.
Greg Grossmeier
2011-03-07 01:40:23 UTC
I'll have a log up either tonight or tomorrow.

Greg

<quoting name="Wolfger" date="2011-03-06" time="20:26:36 -0500">
Post by Wolfger
Grr....
Logging?
| http://grossmeier.net |
Greg Grossmeier
2011-03-08 02:05:35 UTC
How about "tomorrow night"? :)

Ben did a nice job summarizing the meeting on the wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/Meetings/IRC-20110306

* We'll plan to have a Global Jam Event at SRT solutions in Ann Arbor on
April 3 starting at noon. We need to contact someone at SRT Solutions to
ensure we can use the facility. At a minimum we'll do several
installation attempts of Natty.
* An East side Natty Release Party will be held at Penguicon on or
around April 30 pending coordination with that event. A West side event
will be held on April 28 in coordination with the regular meeting of the
West Michigan Linux Users Group.
* On the East Side, they will make it known that the regular Coffee
House Coder meetings are a great place to talk about Ubuntu. On the West
side, Ben Rousch will consider starting an Ubuntu Hour.
* Greg Grossmeier will be taking donations via PayPal so that the Ubuntu
Michigan LoCo can join the Michigan Unix Group as a corporation and
sponsor a meeting.
* No one has heard from Penguicon regarding Michigan LoCo participation.

If you want to read the logs, see:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/Meetings/20110306log

Look forward to receiving some more emails this week regarding the topics
above.

Best,

Greg

<quoting name="Greg Grossmeier" date="2011-03-06" time="20:40:23 -0500">
Post by Greg Grossmeier
I'll have a log up either tonight or tomorrow.
Greg
<quoting name="Wolfger" date="2011-03-06" time="20:26:36 -0500">
Post by Wolfger
Grr....
Logging?
| http://grossmeier.net |
gib
2011-03-08 13:00:54 UTC
Penguicon is looking for events to host in the computer lounge. Sounds like this would be a good event for that. Does that sound right. Or would we want to have the Release Party in some other format (regular room, bar or hallway)? Another option is virtual meetings. What is the price of joining MUG as a corporation?

Post by Greg Grossmeier
I'll have a log up either tonight or tomorrow.
Greg
<quoting name="Wolfger" date="2011-03-06" time="20:26:36 -0500">
Post by Wolfger
Grr....
Logging?
Post by Greg Grossmeier
Hello Team!
Just to give you a last minute reminder that our Monthly IRC meeting is
tonight at 9pm. The IRC channel is #ubuntu-us-mi on the Freenode IRC
network. If you don't have an IRC client setup you can always use this
web interface: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#ubuntu-us-mi
1) Ubuntu Global Jam
&#65533; * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
&#65533; * Friday April 1st - Sunday the 3rd
&#65533; * Set the date, location, topics
2) Natty Release Party
&#65533; * http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/744/detail/
&#65533; * Thursday April 17th-ish
&#65533; * Set the date, location
3) Ubuntu Hour
&#65533; * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hour
&#65533; * http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/17/detail/
&#65533; * Who wants to host one where?
That's all I can think of for now. Come with you input for these, and
other, topics.
All are welcome.
See you soon!
Greg
--
| &#65533; &#65533; &#65533; Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/
The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Groupon&#8482 Official Site
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Get 50-90% off your city&#39;s best!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4d76289d3ee6d35aest04vuc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by gib
Penguicon is looking for events to host in the computer lounge.
Sounds like this would be a good event for that. Does that sound
right. Or would we want to have the Release Party in some other
format (regular room, bar or hallway)?
Traditionally the release party has been in a place that serves
libations, so having it in the computer lounge would preclude such
libations.
Post by gib
What is the price of joining MUG as a corporation?
Last I heard it was $150 for the group.
Craig Maloney (craig at decafbad.net) http://decafbad.net
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big,
wear glasses if you need 'em." -- The Webb Wilder Credo
Greg Grossmeier
2011-03-08 16:20:20 UTC
<quoting name="Craig Maloney" date="2011-03-08" time="10:12:49 -0500">
Post by Craig Maloney
Post by gib
Penguicon is looking for events to host in the computer lounge.
Sounds like this would be a good event for that. Does that sound
right. Or would we want to have the Release Party in some other
format (regular room, bar or hallway)?
Traditionally the release party has been in a place that serves
libations, so having it in the computer lounge would preclude such
libations.
Yeah, I think the release party should be down by the libations providing
area :)

That doesn't mean that some LoCo member doesn't do an event somewhere
else at PCon (more on that shortly).

Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |