[ubuntu-us-mi] dsl config
f g
2010-03-10 04:51:09 UTC
Hi
I am brand new user for Ububtu. i am a grad student at UM ann arbor. i live
in northwood 4 and i am having problems connceting to the internet. just by
any chance do any of you live in northwood and had configred DSL. could you
help me please.
thank you
fernando
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
<quoting name="f g" date="2010-03-09" time="23:51:09 -0500">
Post by f g
Hi
Hi Fernando!
Post by f g
I am brand new user for Ububtu. i am a grad student at UM ann arbor.
Awesome. I just recently graduated from grad school at U-M, myself.
Post by f g
i live in northwood 4 and i am having problems connceting to the
internet. just by any chance do any of you live in northwood and had
configred DSL. could you help me please.
Well, I live in the area (West Side Ann Arbor), but lets see if we can't
figure this out on the mailing list before I bike up to NW4.

What version of Ubuntu are you running?
What have you tried doing to connect to the DSL connection?
What error messages do you get when you try to connect?
Are you plugged into the router or trying to connect wirelessly?

Best,

Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Robert Citek
2010-03-10 15:45:17 UTC
Post by Greg Grossmeier
<quoting name="f g" date="2010-03-09" time="23:51:09 -0500">
Post by f g
Hi
Hi Fernando!
Post by f g
I am brand new user for Ububtu. i am a grad student at UM ann arbor.
Awesome. I just recently graduated from grad school at U-M, myself.
Congratulations, Greg!
Post by Greg Grossmeier
Post by f g
i live in northwood 4 and i am having problems connceting to the
internet. just by any chance do any of you live in northwood and had
configred DSL. could you help me please.
Well, I live in the area (West Side Ann Arbor), but lets see if we can't
figure this out on the mailing list before I bike up to NW4.
What version of Ubuntu are you running?
What have you tried doing to connect to the DSL connection?
What error messages do you get when you try to connect?
Are you plugged into the router or trying to connect wirelessly?
A few more questions:
- Who is your ISP?
- What modem are you using?

Regards,
- Robert

Steve Romanow
2010-03-10 15:43:32 UTC
Post by f g
Hi
I am brand new user for Ububtu. i am a grad student at UM ann arbor. i
live in northwood 4 and i am having problems connceting to the
internet. just by any chance do any of you live in northwood and had
configred DSL. could you help me please.
thank you
fernando
The log that shows the most about what NetworkManager is doing is
/var/log/daemon.log.

You can view it in realtime in a console with "tail -f
/var/log/daemon.log" while you try to connect and you may get more info.