[ubuntu-us-mi] Fwd: Profile Roulette
Greg Grossmeier
2010-07-20 20:41:06 UTC
Is there any interest from the Michigan crew for something like this?

Greg

----- Forwarded message from Alan Bell <alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com> -----
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:45:58 +0100
From: Alan Bell <alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com>
To: "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts" <loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Profile Roulette
Some of you may already have noticed the Irish LoCo's Profile of the Day
project https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/ProfileOfTheDay
which we have picked up in the UK LoCo
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ProfileRoulette
I blogged about it here
http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2010/07/18/profile-roulette/
Basically it is a scheme to highlight the wiki page of one member of the
community each day and encourage people to help improve their own pages
and those of others, including leaving testimonials. It would be great
if other LoCo teams want to continue this theme, feel free to shout for
help setting up wiki pages and such in #ubuntu-locoteams
Alan.
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Greg Grossmeier
2010-07-21 00:38:19 UTC
<quoting name="Greg Grossmeier" date="2010-07-20" time="16:41:06 -0400">
Post by Greg Grossmeier
Is there any interest from the Michigan crew for something like this?
Just so it is recorded, I got a +1 from _stink_ in IRC ;)
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Adam J. Lincoln
2010-07-21 00:50:36 UTC
Post by Greg Grossmeier
Is there any interest from the Michigan crew for something like this?
Just so it is recorded, I got a +1 from _stink_ in IRC ;)
Thanks for preserving the thick layer of dust on my email client!

Adam
Clay Ashby
-- "technologically promiscuous"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
The point would be that if it is more fun than it is work - okay. How do we make it fun and not work?

Is there any interest from the Michigan crew for something like this?

Greg

----- Forwarded message from Alan Bell <alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com> -----
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Six Sigma Certification
Villanova Six Sigma Certification 100% Online Program - Free Info.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c46fb366f5a93fa9ecst01vuc
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:45:58 +0100
From: Alan Bell <alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com>
To: "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts" <
loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>
loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>
Some of you may already have noticed the Irish LoCo's Profile of the Day
project https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/ProfileOfTheDay
which we have picked up in the UK LoCo
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ProfileRoulette
I blogged about it here
http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2010/07/18/profile-roulette/
Basically it is a scheme to highlight the wiki page of one member of the
community each day and encourage people to help improve their own pages
and those of others, including leaving testimonials. It would be great
if other LoCo teams want to continue this theme, feel free to shout for
help setting up wiki pages and such in #ubuntu-locoteams
Alan.
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
I would do it so +1 for me
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
1. Is this more work?
2. Do we each have a wiki page somewhere that we are responsible for?
3. If so, why? I am not sure why this is a good thing. Maybe it is, but I'd like
to see some justification for why this is worth doing.
?
Regards,
?
Post by Greg Grossmeier
Is there any interest from the Michigan crew for something like this?
Greg
----- Forwarded message from Alan Bell <alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com> -----
|? ? ? ?Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
<quoting name="nadreck at palain.com" date="2010-07-22" time="12:27:28 -0400">
Post by nadreck
1. Is this more work?
More work than what? Nothing? Sure.
Post by nadreck
2. Do we each have a wiki page somewhere that we are responsible for?
You would just be responsible for your own page, about yourself.
Post by nadreck
3. If so, why? I am not sure why this is a good thing. Maybe it is, but I'd like
to see some justification for why this is worth doing.
To get to know each other. Part of building a group of people who want to
work on things together is knowing who each other are.

Best,

Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Wolfger
2010-07-22 16:40:38 UTC
I think the question that needs to be asked is: who's the audience? I
mean, who exactly is going to be reading all these profiles? Does
anybody really care, or are we wasting our time?
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.
Greg Grossmeier
2010-07-23 03:19:02 UTC
<quoting name="Wolfger" date="2010-07-22" time="12:40:38 -0400">
Post by Wolfger
I think the question that needs to be asked is: who's the audience? I
mean, who exactly is going to be reading all these profiles? Does
anybody really care, or are we wasting our time?
Hopefully, you and others in the LoCo.

This would be Michigan LoCo specific. Each week we could send out an
email with the week's featured profile. Those who are interested can read
it and maybe learn something interesting about a fellow LoCo member.
Then, we learn more about each other and with that do cool new things.
("Oh, I didn't know you had an interest in <insert random rare activity>!
Me too! Let's do something cool together!")

Note: I'm not dead set on doing this, but I do think it would be a cool
thing.

Best,

Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Tony Bemus

| http://grossmeier.net |
Wolfger

Ben Rousch
2010-07-23 12:02:59 UTC
Well there's your Launchpad page, and also a Wiki page. But the Wiki
page may not exist if you never created it.

For instance:
https://launchpad.net/~brousch
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/brousch

It looks like I haven't done anything to mine since 2008!
Post by Wolfger
[...]
? Ben Rousch
? brousch at gmail.com
? http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/
Wolfger
2010-07-23 12:15:07 UTC
Oh geez. I really, really need to update my profile.
? brousch at gmail.com
? http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/

Rich Elswick
2010-07-23 13:05:56 UTC
Yes please, suck in that gut!
Post by Wolfger
Oh geez. I really, really need to update my profile.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Rich... I didn't know you were checking me out. :-p
Post by Rich Elswick
Yes please, suck in that gut!

Rich Elswick
2010-07-23 14:19:05 UTC
You have set the bar for profiles and I just need to know when I have
exceeded yours. ;)
Post by Wolfger
Rich... I didn't know you were checking me out. :-p
Post by Rich Elswick
Yes please, suck in that gut!
brousch at gmail.com
http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/
Greg Grossmeier
2010-07-23 15:30:02 UTC
<quoting name="Tony Bemus" date="2010-07-23" time="09:25:32 -0400">
Post by Tony Bemus
I'm Confused, are we doing the Launchpad.net profile or the
wiki.ubuntu.com profile?
Wiki, it is the most flexible.
--
| Greg Grossmeier |