[Michigan-LoCo] Release Party!
Greg Grossmeier
2007-09-16 22:09:11 UTC
Hello everyone,

Here is my idea for the Release Party: Since we are all fairly spread out
over the state I think we should have the possibility of doing more than one
simultaneously. This would mean that some people will need to setup their
local parties.

So, knowing that, I propose one of the parties to be in in a similar
location to where our first meeting was. I would personally love for it to
be at Ann Arbor Brewing Company. If that sounds good to the contingency
that lives around these parts, I can set up a reservation for us.

For other parts of the state, specifically the west coast and central areas,
would someone like to take charge on getting those set up? It doesn't take
much; making a reservation is about all that is required. Putting up
posters in your area would be nice but definitely optional.

Now, about an Install Fest, this one is a bit more tricky since we need a
place that could accommodate people with desktops. I know there was talk of
one of the local tech businesses in Ann Arbor offering a conference room for
a normal meeting, so if someone from that group could contact me personally
with a ruling on that possibility, that would be helpful.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks everyone,

greg
--
If you take a step towards Freedom, It'll take two steps towards you.
-------------- next part --------------
Registration would be a good idea. And, I don't know how you feel about the
launchpad feature, but what if we just had a "who's coming to the party"
wiki page where people can add themselves to it?

And about group size, I can call them and see what size group would
necessitate a reservation. But, in all honesty, it would be good to have a
reservation anyways so we know that at least some of us will be there at the
designated time.

greg
I'm up for a part at Ann Arbor Brewing Company. Should we setup another
even with registration like last time and see about reservations? I've not
been there enough to know if you can walk in with a big group or not.
Rick
--
If you take a step towards Freedom, It'll take two steps towards you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
First of all: Welcome back everyone who went to OLF.

About the Release party, I have set the date to Thursday October 18th at
7pm. Location is Ann Arbor Brewing Co. in Downtown Ann Arbor.

I haven't made reservations yet, but I will call them next week.

So I can tell ABC what to expect, how about everyone who wants to come to
this event, reply with a "I do!"

Also, those of you who have blogs, blog it. The more the merrier.
Links: our page, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/GutsyRelease
List of Gutsy Release Parties around the world:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GutsyReleaseParties

Thanks,

Greg

PS: of course others who do not live near the area are encouraged to have
their own parties. Let me know if you do.