[ubuntu-us-mi] Global Jam THIS WEEKEND (9/3 from 12pm-5pm)
Craig Maloney
2011-08-29 23:01:07 UTC
Just a friendly reminder that we'll be convening at the offices of SRT
from 12-5pm for the Ubuntu Global Jam. More information and an RSVP link
is available here:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-michigan/1090/detail/

Remember to bring some money for pizza. Also, if you are planning to
bring food / drink, please let us know. I'm planning on bringing some
Garden Fresh salsa / chips.

Hope to see you there!
Craig Maloney (craig at decafbad.net) http://decafbad.net
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big,
wear glasses if you need 'em." -- The Webb Wilder Credo
John S Gruber
2011-08-30 00:32:05 UTC
I'm wondering whether people would be interested in helping me out by
testing a new release of Lernid during the global jam. I'd provide
directions for installing the new version and lead you through the
changed areas of the program while you look for regressions or other
bugs.

I'm hoping to release the new version Sunday and a comlete test would
provide some needed confidence in the sofware before App Developer
Week starting next Monday. (Or maybe it'll
demonstrate some mistake I've made that would make that plan a bad
idea--that would make the
test a really, really good idea).

If there are a few of the team who would help me out I'll put together
a test script for us to run through and reserve the #ubuntu-classroom
for our use, perhaps for 1PM.

Any takers?

Thanks.

John
Jay R. Wren
John
gib
2011-08-30 13:43:05 UTC
I'm planning on attending.

I can bring some pop in a cooler.

Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e5ce92335eda9a760fst03vuc
Ravi Sista
2011-08-30 13:58:18 UTC
Pop? Bah!

Beer and Linux - match made in heaven.
Post by gib
I'm planning on attending.
I can bring some pop in a cooler.
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
what is Lernid?

John S Gruber
2011-08-30 14:04:37 UTC
Post by gib
what is Lernid?
I'm sorry. I should have explained. Lernid is a program used by many
students to connect to #ubuntu-classroom events. It automatically displays
web links and slides introduced by the instructor.

I gave a presentation on it at our joint session with MUG.
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I just need to figure out how to carry the cooler the two blocks from the parking lot.

57-Year-Old Mom Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e5cf843261d9ab1afst06vuc