[ubuntu-us-mi] Intro
Traveler
2008-06-07 12:23:18 UTC
Hello to everyone.
Just want to introduce myself. Name is Kurt and live in Allen Park.
New to Ubuntu and Linux as a whole, but working with computers from way back when (1975) with Philco-Ford 102 processors at work, and TRS-80 model 1's and basic at home.

I have a dual boot on my main computer and been using Ubuntu more then Windows, but have to keep windows due to some programs(commerical ones) that will run only in windows.

Also a ham radio operator as another hobby.

Hope to meet some of the mi group, and is there anyone else on the list that is downriver?

Best to All
Kurt
Wolfger
2008-06-08 17:46:37 UTC
Hi Kurt. Welcome to the LoCo. We recently ran a round of
re-introductions, so if you're interested in reading them all, you can
check the "Hello World" thread in the archives
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-mi/2008-May/thread.html
Not sure how many downriver folks we have, but many of our
get-togethers seem to be in/near Ann Arbor. And, of course, the IRC
chat room.
Post by Traveler
Hello to everyone.
Just want to introduce myself. Name is Kurt and live in Allen Park.
New to Ubuntu and Linux as a whole, but working with computers from way back when (1975) with Philco-Ford 102 processors at work, and TRS-80 model 1's and basic at home.
I have a dual boot on my main computer and been using Ubuntu more then Windows, but have to keep windows due to some programs(commerical ones) that will run only in windows.
Also a ham radio operator as another hobby.
Hope to meet some of the mi group, and is there anyone else on the list that is downriver?
Best to All
Kurt
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

My 5 today: #182362 (cupsys), #154827 (cupsys), #181347
(system-config-printer), #33434 (gnome-power-manager), #152885
(linux-source-2.6.22, linux)
Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day