[ubuntu-us-mi] Ubuntu Global Jam for 11.04 - April 3rd
Greg Grossmeier
2011-03-10 03:47:48 UTC
Ubuntu Global Jam for Ubuntu 11.04 - Natty Narwhal
April 3rd, 12noon - 5pm
SRT Solutions, 206 S. Fifth Ave in Ann Arbor
RSVP: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/779/detail/

The next release of Ubuntu will be one of the most ambitious releases
yet. By replacing the default interface with Unity, changing to the newly
released LibreOffice Suite, and upgrading the default python version to
2.7 this version of Ubuntu promises to be a spectacular upgrade.

Because of all these major overhauls it is important to get as many
people as possible testing, reporting bugs, triaging, and bug fixing
before final release day. Come to the Michigan LoCo's Ubuntu Global Jam
to help ensure this release is the best it can be.

We will be doing test installs and upgrades, hardware compatibility
checking, along with some bug reporting and triaging. No prior experience
is required; we'll be working together and in teams to help get everyone
up to speed and contributing.

Bring your laptop(s), netbook(s), and USB disks for test installs. Snacks
will be provided.

If you can, stay after the Jam for some post-event revelry at a local
establishment (location TBD).
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Ben Rousch
? ? brousch at gmail.com
? ? http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/
? ? http://www.grpug.org/
? ? http://www.grwebdev.org/
Wolfger
? ? brousch at gmail.com
? ? http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/
? ? http://www.grpug.org/
? ? http://www.grwebdev.org/
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.
Greg Grossmeier
2011-03-26 18:42:41 UTC
Reminder!

We're about one week away from the Natty Global Jam being held in Ann
Arbor. Details and RSVP url are below.

Greg

<quoting name="Greg Grossmeier" date="2011-03-09" time="22:47:48 -0500">
| http://grossmeier.net |
Ben Rousch
2011-03-26 18:54:31 UTC
Even though I have no confirmed riders for the meeting so far, I'm
still coming from the Grand Rapids area. If anyone would like to meet
in Grand Rapids or anywhere along I-96 to Ann Arbor, let me know.
? ? brousch at gmail.com
? ? http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/
? ? http://www.grpug.org/
? ? http://www.grwebdev.org/
? ??http://conga-wm.org/
gib
2011-03-28 00:09:19 UTC
Tony, the Secretary for the "MDLUG.org" group has come up with a cool solution for attending remote meetings. An open source solution called "Big Blue Button". The club has been testing a version of this. I have my own copy running at the following address: http://76.242.100.172/ Just enter a name and logon. You can share your microphone by clicking the microphone icon in the upper left. Same with a camera with the camera icon.

Post by Greg Grossmeier
Ubuntu Global Jam for Ubuntu 11.04 - Natty Narwhal
&#65533; &#65533; April 3rd, 12noon - 5pm
&#65533; &#65533; SRT Solutions, 206 S. Fifth Ave in Ann Arbor
&#65533; &#65533; RSVP: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/779/detail/
[...]
| &#65533; &#65533; &#65533; Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
| &#65533; &#65533; &#65533; Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
&#65533;Ben Rousch
&#65533; &#65533; brousch at gmail.com
&#65533; &#65533; http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/