[ubuntu-us-mi] Purchase T-Shirt Local Ann Arbor
Todd DeLand
2008-12-12 15:55:05 UTC
Hello,

I was wondering if there is somewhere local to Ann Arbor that I could
purchase an Ubuntu t-shirt (Christmas present), instead of paying for
shipping on the Ubuntu online shop.

Thanks!

Todd DeLand
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Todd DeLand
Hello,
I was wondering if there is somewhere local to Ann Arbor that I could
purchase an Ubuntu t-shirt (Christmas present), instead of paying for
shipping on the Ubuntu online shop.
Thanks!
Todd DeLand
Hey Todd,

I don't know of any such thing, sorry.

There have been musings of getting a group order of merch from the
Ubuntu Shop. But that was when all shipments came from the UK, now that
there is a US distributor the prices are lower and thus less of an interest.

That is a great Christmas present though!

Greg
gib

Click to get a free auto insurance quotes from top companies.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/PnY6rbuovK7gZ8x8a9p4PzAw8Y52NcCYIBIUHpsEqlZ78c0uKMUfR/
Rick Harding
2008-12-15 00:01:29 UTC
Post by gib
Pardon my ignorance. I just joined. Why can't you just have some printed and send a donation up-stream?
The logo and name are trademarks. According to their trademark policy,
t-shirts and marketing material are specifically noted as requiring a
trademark license.

http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy

Rick
Greg Grossmeier
2008-12-15 00:07:51 UTC
Post by Rick Harding
Post by gib
Pardon my ignorance. I just joined. Why can't you just have some printed and send a donation up-stream?
The logo and name are trademarks. According to their trademark policy,
t-shirts and marketing material are specifically noted as requiring a
trademark license.
http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy
Rick
Which basically just means that you would need to clear it with
Canonical before you print them since you will be exchanging them for
money. If we were just printing some t-shirts with the Ubuntu logo on
them and giving them away at parties that would be ok (under the
Community Advocacy section).

And, something like this would probably be ok'd by Canonical (I *think*)
if we sell them at cost. Who wants to create a quick design and send it
to trademarks at ubuntu.com ? However, I could also so Canonical just
saying to order them from the Ubuntu Shop. But then again, if your
design is really good, you never know.

greg
Wolfger
2008-12-15 06:56:59 UTC
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Greg Grossmeier
Post by Greg Grossmeier
And, something like this would probably be ok'd by Canonical (I *think*)
if we sell them at cost. Who wants to create a quick design and send it
to trademarks at ubuntu.com ? However, I could also so Canonical just
saying to order them from the Ubuntu Shop. But then again, if your
design is really good, you never know.
Would be sweet to get some shirts done up with the Michigan LoCo logo
in time for Penguicon...
--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.
Tony Bemus
2008-12-15 13:13:13 UTC
I know someone that runs a shirt business. She If we get her the design
she can have the screen prints made and then press the shirts. She is
usually a really good price.
-
Tony Bemus