[ubuntu-us-mi] Ubuntu Hour/Coffee House Coders (was: Monthly IRC M eeting - July 5th @ 8pm - #ubuntu-us-mi on Freenode)
gib
2011-06-24 14:43:31 UTC
I'll try to make it too.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Robert Citek <robert.citek at gmail.com>
To: Ubuntu Michigan Local Community Team <ubuntu-us-mi at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: [ubuntu-us-mi] Ubuntu Hour/Coffee House Coders (was: Monthly IRC Meeting - July 5th @ 8pm - #ubuntu-us-mi on Freenode)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:28:52 -0400

Thanks, Greg, for posting this. From clicking on the Team Reports, I
came across the UH:CHC (Ubuntu Hour/Coffee House Coders). Wasn't even
aware folks were meeting up at a coffee house:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/1002/detail/

Will try to make the next one on Wednesday, June 29th:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/1003/detail/

Regards,
- Robert
Hello all!
Due to the holiday being the same weekend as our regularly schedule
monthly IRC meeting, we will instead have it on Tuesday July 5th at 8pm.
http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/team/79/detail/
(please note, those times are UTC. July 5th at 8:01pm Eastern is 12:01am
UTC on the 6th.)
Not familiar with IRC? See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/IRC
Best,
Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
President Lowers Rates
Mortgage Rates Hit 2.75%. As Seen On Good Morning America!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e04a2fec6fce341bfst02vuc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Excellent.

Has anyone been to such a gathering before? What's the venue like?
What are common topics? Or do people work on specific projects?

Regards,
- Robert
I'll try to make it too.
Rick Harding
2011-06-26 01:08:22 UTC
Post by Robert Citek
Excellent.
Has anyone been to such a gathering before? What's the venue like?
What are common topics? Or do people work on specific projects?
Regards,
- Robert
I started the coffee house coders coverted Ubuntu Hour a couple of years
ago. Topics and such vary week to week. Sometimes we just end up discussing
some topic, ranting on things from work, and sometimes actually get code
written.

These days I've been working on my open source delicious alternative bookie
(https://bmark.us) and others work on a variety of projects. Will was
working on an app for his TV, Craig on games and arduino things, you just
never know.

Rick Harding
@mitechie
http://blog.mitechie.com