[ubuntu-us-mi] Meeting with Benjamin Mako Hill Sunday 11/4
Rick Harding
2007-11-01 13:50:35 UTC
Mako is in town this weekend and wanted to get together/meet some people
in the area. I'm putting together a night at Buffalo Wild Wings in
Dearborn.

If you don't know Mako, check out his blog here. He's involved in the
OLPC which we have Ivan speaking about at MUG on the 13th so hang out
and get a better feel for the topic ahead of time. Put down a couple of
drinks, and wings as a bonus.
http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/

The address for the BWW is:
22216 Michigan Ave <http://maps.google.com/>
Dearborn, MI 48124

We'll say the time is to be 6pm. Give me a heads up if you plan on
attending so I can try to get seating with enough space for every one.

Thanks
Rick <http://maps.google.com/>
gib

Click now to choose from thousands of designs for your checks!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iifWifRFCVTshwi3uzqZqL9QDPkT07ciN8r1lbG3eXn18ZNpd/
Benj. Mako Hill
2007-11-04 00:23:50 UTC
<quote who="Rick Harding" date="Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 09:50:35AM -0400">
Post by Rick Harding
Mako is in town this weekend and wanted to get together/meet some people
in the area. I'm putting together a night at Buffalo Wild Wings in
Dearborn.
If you don't know Mako, check out his blog here. He's involved in the
OLPC which we have Ivan speaking about at MUG on the 13th so hang out
and get a better feel for the topic ahead of time. Put down a couple of
drinks, and wings as a bonus.
http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/
22216 Michigan Ave <http://maps.google.com/>
Dearborn, MI 48124
We'll say the time is to be 6pm. Give me a heads up if you plan on
attending so I can try to get seating with enough space for every one.
My flight was just changed due to a cancellation. I'm not now going to
get *into* Detroit until 10:00 at night tomorrow. Is it possible to
postpone until Monday evening or is i worth just showing up whenever I
can?

I'm really sorry about this.

Regards,
Mako
--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto
Rick Harding
2007-11-04 00:50:51 UTC
Post by Rick Harding
[...]
I think it would be best to push to Monday. If you don't get in until
10pm it'll be a bit before you can get anywhere. So Monday, Nov 5th at
6pm work?

Rick
Rick Harding
2007-11-05 17:53:53 UTC
Post by Rick Harding
[...]
I talked with Mako today and 6pm is going to be early for him. He says
he won't be able to make it until after 7pm. I'll still be there at 6pm
for those that don't get this email in time. Sorry so much for the
confusion. It's been a little harder to get this going than I would have
thought initially.

Thanks

Rick

Rick Harding
2007-11-04 14:50:39 UTC
Ahh, could you please post a cancel note if today, Saturday, is out.
Sorry, since this is all going to the list anyway I assumed it was as
good as a cancel note.

So here it is... the dinner at BWW with Mako is cancel for Sunday. It's
been moved to 6pm Monday at the same BWW location in Dearborn. If you
have any questions just shoot me an email.

Thanks and sorry for the complications.

Rick
gib

Click for free info on rehab treatments for drug &amp; alcohol dependency.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iifcCHHSGrNX3FhbkMm02ujIQWdjeTUTSQBvDGyuzIPuiLTXx/