[ubuntu-us-mi] PenguiCon Ribbons
t jagoda
2008-01-09 13:44:53 UTC
Anybody else think we should put in a request for PenguiCon ribbons?

I know last year GLLUG had their own, and I saw a few "LUG Nut" ribbons
floating around as well. I think it would be cool to have a LoCo ribbon.

Wolfger might be the only other person on this list who has the slighest
idea concerning what I'm talking about. =P
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I think it would be a great idea and would be happy top throw in sum
funds to help make this happen. The great thing is they are pretty
inexpensive the way the event orders them, five dollars can get you
plenty of ribbons. I usually orver several rubbons and would be happy
to put the LoCo ribbons on my order. Just let me know what everything
thinks should be on it.

Also I think as a past Penguicon Chair and one the the people who
helped get the event started I have a pretty good idea what you are
talking about.
Post by t jagoda
Anybody else think we should put in a request for PenguiCon ribbons?
I know last year GLLUG had their own, and I saw a few "LUG Nut" ribbons
floating around as well. I think it would be cool to have a LoCo ribbon.
Wolfger might be the only other person on this list who has the slighest
idea concerning what I'm talking about. =P
Aaron Thul
http://www.chasingnuts.com
Matt Arnold
2008-01-09 14:02:39 UTC
Great idea, Trevor.

I recommend that it say "Ubuntu Local Community" rather than "Ubuntu
LoCo" so that people who read it will know there is a local community.

-Matt

P.S. As assistant chair for a bunch of Penguicons, and the upcoming
chair for 2009, I also know what you are talking about.
t jagoda
2008-01-09 14:36:23 UTC
Sorry, I didnt mean to offend anybody with my comment. I forgot that
Wolfger and I arent the only fluent PenguiCon'ers here, you two would
certainly know probably much better than I would.

"Ubuntu Local Community" would be good on the ribbon. That isnt too many
characters though, is it?

-Trevor
Post by Aaron Thul
Post by t jagoda
idea concerning what I'm talking about. =P
Aaron Thul
http://www.chasingnuts.com
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I don't quite understand the whole ribbon-thing, but perhaps "Ubuntu MI
LoCo" would fit?
Craig Maloney (craig at decafbad.net) http://decafbad.net
Work Hard. Rock Hard. Eat Hard. Sleep Hard. Grow Big.
Wear Glasses If You Need 'Em. -- The Webb Wilder Credo
Matt Arnold
2008-01-09 15:01:28 UTC
Trevor,
No offense taken. :)
Usually you can have up to thirty characters and spaces on a ribbon.

Craig,
To a random non-software-related fan of books, games or movies, a
badge ribbon reading "Ubuntu MI LoCo" means "the person wearing this
ribbon on their badge is 'crazy' (loco) about Ubuntu". That's fine,
but it doesn't tell them there is a local community. For best
publicity, the badge ribbons should read "Ubuntu MI Local Community".

-Matt
-Trevor
t jagoda
2008-01-09 15:37:32 UTC
Matt has a point there. We may all be crazy, but I think that we're trying
to illustrate something else in the case of the ribbons.

How do we specify color? Can we obtain the ubuntu-mud-brown shade?

-Trevor
Post by Craig Maloney
I don't quite understand the whole ribbon-thing, but perhaps "Ubuntu MI
LoCo" would fit?
Sorry, I didnt mean to offend anybody with my comment. I forgot that
Wolfger and I arent the only fluent PenguiCon'ers here, you two would
certainly know probably much better than I would.
"Ubuntu Local Community" would be good on the ribbon. That isnt too
many
Post by Craig Maloney
characters though, is it?
-Trevor
Post by t jagoda
Matt has a point there. We may all be crazy, but I think that we're
trying to illustrate something else in the case of the ribbons.
How do we specify color? Can we obtain the ubuntu-mud-brown shade?
Or that beautiful Kubuntu Blue? ;-)

Matt's got a point about clarity... "Ubuntu Local Community" promotes the
LoCos best, and by not specifying Michigan, it makes the ribbons desirable
to our out-of-town LoCo friends.
Personally, I was going to suggest ribbons just saying "I'm LoCo!", although
"Ubuntu Mi Loco" sounds good after hearing a possible translation of it...
but I'm just crazy and unprofessional that way.
--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/