[ubuntu-us-mi] IT For Faith Based Nonprofits - Friday Feb. 6
Linh Song
2009-02-04 17:04:18 UTC
Hi Everyone,

My organization is hosting an event this Friday called, "IT for Faith Based Nonprofits." Obviously all nonprofits need to get a handle on their IT situation, but this event is targeted to organizations servicing certain populations. We're looking to make this into a series for other nonprofits....

Anyway, if there are geeks on this list volunteering with churches, synagogues, temples, private academies, and more, come on out and join us. Nonprofit staff are encouraged to come, too. Most of the material is focused on staff needs and ability to maintain everything from databases to websites. We're also featuring a speakers panel and have some time allowed so that organizations can network with service providers. Contact me if you're a service provider and would like to be involved.

A bonus is that a foundation has helped donate a Dell Pentium 4 with a 19' flat screen monitor to give away to one event registrant. There will also be foundation reps at the event. Feel free to forward this on. Thanks! See you there!

Linh Song, MSW
npServ Director
734-998-0160 ext. 217 / fax 734-998-0163
lsong at new.org / www.new.org
Ann Arbor Office: NEW Center, 1100 N. Main St., Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Detroit Office: Hannan House, 4750 Woodward Ave., Suite 308, Detroit, MI 48201
HELPING NONPROFITS SUCCEED

"IT For Faith Based Nonprofits"

PANELISTS
Mark Berg - Berg & Associates, Inc.
Tom Brandt - Northech Systems, Inc.
Catherine Hayes - inner circle media
Linh Song - npServ?

Friday, February 6, 2009
3:30 - 5 PM
The NEW Center, 1100 N. Main St., Ann Arbor, MI
Cost: Free
Light Refreshments provided
Register at http://tinyurl.com/aoxf6d

You Provide the Questions, We Provide the Answers
Information Technology (IT) can open doors & windows, and it can present challenges for faith-based organizations. The ability to communicate effectively and affordably through technology is more important than ever. Technology can make it easier for faith-based organizations to stay in touch with their members and to reach-out to the communities in which they are located. But, they need tools that are easy-to-use, cost-effective and customizable.

This informative and interactive open house is tailored to you, because it incorporates questions and concerns submitted by participants in advance of the event. You will leave knowing what to do, how to do it, and who can help.

Registrants will receive an email prior to the event, asking them to submit their most pressing technology questions and concerns. A computer and monitor will be raffled off to registrants.

Contact Us
Jill Tewsley, jtewsley at new.org , Community Outreach Manager
The NEW Center Hannan House
1100 North Main Street 4750 Woodward, Ave., Suite 308 Ann Arbor, MI 48104 Detroit, MI 48201
(734) 998-0160 (313) 887-7788
Jeff Hanson
2009-02-06 21:24:28 UTC
Post by Linh Song
Hi Everyone,
My organization is hosting an event this Friday called, "IT for Faith Based Nonprofits." Obviously all nonprofits need to get a handle on their IT situation, but this event is targeted to organizations servicing certain populations. We're looking to make this into a series for other nonprofits....
You may find the book "Penguin in the Pew" helpful:
http://www.lulu.com/dcparris/
James Ronald
2009-02-06 21:48:20 UTC
Linh,

Oops, I didn't notice that the event was during business hours.
Unfortunately, my non-profit job is also a non-paying one and I
therefore work a paying job as well.

Best regards
James Ronald