Meeting Place/Time?
Greg Grossmeier
2007-08-14 17:09:05 UTC
Hello everyone,

Here I am again, asking for everyone's advice on where to hold the inaugural
meeting.

Here is the map of everyone who has given their zip codes:
http://salgat.googlepages.com/ubuntumaps.html

So take that into mind when recommending a location. It looks like
somewhere around the intersection of 275 and M-14 would be a good choice.
But, as I have not been East of the Airport in Michigan, I can't come up
with a good location, so this is where I really need your help.

Give some location ideas. We need to figure this out soon, only 9 days
left! Also, if you have any friends who are a part of the team/want to be a
part of the team, feel free to forward this to them.

On another note, I am going to be getting a large quantity of case badges.
See this page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges

I will cover the cost myself and will freely give them out to people who
want them. I know I am ordering many more than I will use in the near
future, but I think having them on hand might be good if we ever participate
in an install fest, or you have friends who switched, or if you want one for
your laptop, whatever. With that said, if you want to give me some money in
return for a pack of them I give you, I won't turn it down.

That is all the news I have for now, reply with your suggestions and lets
get this first meeting going!

Take care,

Greg
--
If you take a step towards Freedom, It'll take two towards you.
-------------- next part --------------
Hello,

Here is my update on this:

I am making an executive decision to say it is going to be in Plymouth.
Where exactly I don't know, because I don't know Plymouth. So, I ask you
all, where in Plymouth should we go? Just need a restaurant typish place
that won't mind about 10 or so people showing up with laptops and drinking
beer.

If we don't get any ideas on where to go in Plymouth by the end of Friday, I
will just make another executive decision to revoke the one I made now, and
then declare Ann Arbor Brewing Co. the location of the meeting.

Thanks for any input,

Greg