[ubuntu-us-mi] Fwd: Post Beta 2 Testing of Kubuntu Live CD Installer
Greg Grossmeier
2010-04-10 02:48:32 UTC
For the Kubuntu people on the list (or anyone, really); they need your
help.

- Greg

----- Forwarded message from Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> -----
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:10:41 -0400
From: Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>
To: kubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-qa at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Post Beta 2 Testing of Kubuntu Live CD Installer
There were a concerning number of issues associated with Live CD installs
during Kubuntu Beta 2 testing. We now have an updated build of the installer
[1] that will hopefully make a significant improvement. In order to pave the
way for a great Kubuntu 10.04 Release Candidate, we have produced and updated
set of images [2] for testing.
Please try to take some time this weekend and test these images. The Beta 2
test results are available on the Ubuntu QA ISO Tracker [3]. Please see if
these issues are fixed and if necessary file new bugs. The ISO tracker is still
open for test results, so you can add your results to the tracker, but please
include a comment that you tested with kubuntu/daily-live/20100410/ and not
the Beta 2 image if you do. You can also reply to this mail.
If you have questions, mail the list or come visit us in #kubuntu-devel.
Scott K
[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/2.2.16
[2] http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/20100410/
[3] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Jonathan Jesse
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Late chatching up on email but had no problems installing Beta 2 and the
different dailys. Kubuntu is great, you all should give KDE and Kubuntu a
try :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Greg Grossmeier <greg at grossmeier.net>
Post by Greg Grossmeier
For the Kubuntu people on the list (or anyone, really); they need your
help.
Late chatching up on email but had no problems installing Beta 2 and the
different dailys.? Kubuntu is great, you all should give KDE and Kubuntu a
try :)
Also gave Kubuntu and KNR a try. Both seemed to work from the Live
USB. Didn't try to install.

As for experience, KDE isn't for me. Found it too busy. I am glad,
though, that other people like it.

Regards,
- Robert