[ubuntu-us-mi] Humble Indie Bundle question
Matt Arnold
2010-12-21 22:39:23 UTC
I bought the Humble Indie Bundle at www.humblebundle.com and started
downloading the Linux versions of the games. The download for Braid is
braid-linux-build2.run.bin. When I double-click it, I get this
message:

Could not display "/home/matt/Downloads/braid-linux-build2.run.bin".

What is a .run.bin file type? What do I do to install it?

-Matt
Craig Maloney
2010-12-21 23:00:24 UTC
Post by Matt Arnold
I bought the Humble Indie Bundle at www.humblebundle.com and started
downloading the Linux versions of the games. The download for Braid is
braid-linux-build2.run.bin. When I double-click it, I get this
Could not display "/home/matt/Downloads/braid-linux-build2.run.bin".
What is a .run.bin file type? What do I do to install it?
-Matt
Do the following:

chmod +x braid-linux-build2.run.bin
./braid-linux-build2.run.bin

That should get you going.
Craig Maloney (craig at decafbad.net) http://decafbad.net
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big,
wear glasses if you need 'em." -- The Webb Wilder Credo
David Barnett
2010-12-21 23:09:02 UTC
It's probably a binary file, just make sure it is executable. I bought the
bundle but haven't tried braid yet since I've played it before. I'll check
it out and see if I have the same problem.

--dave
Post by Matt Arnold
I bought the Humble Indie Bundle at www.humblebundle.com and started
downloading the Linux versions of the games. The download for Braid is
braid-linux-build2.run.bin. When I double-click it, I get this
Could not display "/home/matt/Downloads/braid-linux-build2.run.bin".
What is a .run.bin file type? What do I do to install it?
-Matt
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
file /home/matt/Downloads/braid-linux-build2.run.bin

This tells the type.

you might need to:

chmod +x /home/matt/Downloads/braid-linux-build2.run.bin

Then run with:

-Matt
Matt Arnold