[ubuntu-us-mi] Tri-Cities LUG
matt
2011-06-07 23:44:49 UTC
Hello everyone,

As this is my first post on this list I would like to first introduce myself.
My name is Matthew French, I currently reside in Saginaw, and I will be
attending Delta College in the fall.

As for the buissness of this post, I have been looking for a LUG around the
Tri-City area. Idealy meeting at either Delta College or SVSU. I searched
forums and LUG registries and found nothing. My question for you all is, have
any of you heard of such a LUG, or is there anyone else who is intersted in
creating a LUG near in the Tri-City area?

Thanks,
Matt
Jeff Hanson
2011-06-08 01:46:52 UTC
Post by matt
As for the buissness of this post, I have been looking for a LUG around the
Tri-City area. Idealy meeting at either Delta College or SVSU. I searched
forums and LUG registries and found nothing. My question for you all is, have
any of you heard of such a LUG, or is there anyone else who is intersted in
creating a LUG near in the Tri-City area?
I don't know of any but Google turned up some Linux-types in the area:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Blinux+%2Bflint|saginaw|"bay+city"+%2Bmichigan
Amy
2011-06-08 14:10:11 UTC
You're in Saginaw?!?!!

I'm from Saginaw!!! And living in Saginaw!! Well, that might change soon,
hopefully. I had a successful interview down in Madison Heights, and I hope
to get a job out of it.

Wow, a local Ubuntu user. Maybe we can do an Ubuntu hour or something.

Amy (gamerchick02 in the IRC)
Post by matt
Hello everyone,
As this is my first post on this list I would like to first introduce myself.
My name is Matthew French, I currently reside in Saginaw, and I will be
attending Delta College in the fall.
As for the buissness of this post, I have been looking for a LUG around the
Tri-City area. Idealy meeting at either Delta College or SVSU. I searched
forums and LUG registries and found nothing. My question for you all is, have
any of you heard of such a LUG, or is there anyone else who is intersted in
creating a LUG near in the Tri-City area?
Thanks,
Matt
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati. (When all else fails, play dead.) -Possum
Lodge Motto

Do you do Ubuntu <http://www.ubuntu.com>?

About.me <http://about.me/gamerchick02>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Amy
You're in Saginaw?!?!!
I'm from Saginaw!!! And living in Saginaw!! Well, that might change soon,
hopefully. I had a successful interview down in Madison Heights, and I hope
to get a job out of it.
Wow, a local Ubuntu user. Maybe we can do an Ubuntu hour or something.
Amy (gamerchick02 in the IRC)
Haha, yes from Saginaw, born and raised. I know a few other Ubuntu
users (and Linux users in general) around here too. I would enjoy having an
Ubuntu hour, but I have never been to one so I have no idea how to set one up.

Anyway, good luck on getting the job.
Ben Rousch
2011-06-08 17:06:42 UTC
It's very easy to set up an Ubuntu Hour. You pick a local cafe (or bar), a
date and time (I suggest a weeknight at 7PM), and then you send out an email
to this mailing list saying, "Join me for an Ubuntu Hour at <cafe> on
<datetime>! We'll drink coffee and talk about Ubuntu, Linux, and other
interesting topics that come up."

Seriously, it's that easy. The hard part is finding that first guy to take
the reigns and announce the meeting. People will show up, even if they don't
tell you they're coming.
brousch at gmail.com
http://clusterbleep.net/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
<quote name="Ben Rousch" date="2011-06-08" time="13:06:42 -0400">
Post by Ben Rousch
It's very easy to set up an Ubuntu Hour. You pick a local cafe (or bar), a
date and time (I suggest a weeknight at 7PM), and then you send out an email
to this mailing list saying, "Join me for an Ubuntu Hour at <cafe> on
<datetime>! We'll drink coffee and talk about Ubuntu, Linux, and other
interesting topics that come up."
+1 to everything Ben said.

If someone does set up an Ubuntu Hour up there, be sure to let me know, I
can help get the word out to Planet Ubuntu.

Greg
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Amy

Thanks for the information Ben. I am looking forward to it Amy, I am free most
every day at the moment, so whenever you can find a time should work for me
(lest I find a job of course).

--
Matthew French
Email - mattfrench92 at gmail