[ubuntu-us-mi] PenguiCon 6.0 - 2008
Trevor Jagoda
2007-10-07 19:16:59 UTC
Hello, all.

First off, if you don't know what PenguiCon is, here's a link:
http://penguicon.org

PenguiCon is a Linux/FOSS convention, and it's a great place for us to
pull in more members for the LoCo. My prime question is this: what
would you/we all be willing to do for next year's PenguiCon?

I believe that a room party would be a great idea. I know of a few
LUG's that held room parties at PenguiCon 5.0, and they went over great.
I also think that we could provide a few informational Ubuntu (or maybe
even non-ubuntu related) panels for the con.

Would anyone be willing to host/participate in a panel? If yes, do you
have any ideas for said panel? Also, who would be willing to dish out a
small bit of money to go towards the room for the room party and the
supplies we'd need within? I believe the room rate per night is $89, so
if we book a room for Friday and Saturday nights the total room cost
would be $178. That will go down quick if people come forward to help
split up the price.

This is a great way to have a lot of fun, troop the LoCo's colors, and
throw a bit of Ubuntu education out there at the same time. Does
anybody else think this is a good idea? If there are enough people
willing to participate we can move this from unofficial mailing list
discussion and have a meeting over it. I'm willing to head up the
initiative and handle the communication between us and PenguiCon is this
gets the green light.

We've still got quite a while to plan, PenguiCon 6.0's dates are April
18-20, 2008.

Trevor
Matt Aurand
2007-10-07 20:08:49 UTC
I'm going to be at Penguicon regardless because I'm actually going to be
part of the Ops staff this up coming year. But if I have time, I'd be
willing to give a hand with something.

- Matt
Post by Trevor Jagoda
Hello, all.
[...]
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Trevor Jagoda
[...]
I was at the last Penguicon, and I regret that there was no Ubuntu
presence there. Please add me to the list of people who want to make
this happen. I can provide some cash and any other help needed.

Regards,
--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
zwilnik at zwilnik.com Linux User #333216
learned to walk." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Craig Maloney
2007-10-07 21:33:31 UTC
Post by Trevor Jagoda
Would anyone be willing to host/participate in a panel?
I'd be willing to participate in a panel, though I'd like to know what
the topic would be. :) I'm already presenting a CLI for beginners
presentation at Penguicon.
Craig Maloney (craig at decafbad.net) http://decafbad.net
Work Hard. Rock Hard. Eat Hard. Sleep Hard. Grow Big.
Wear Glasses If You Need 'Em. -- The Webb Wilder Credo
Matt Michielsen

Post by Trevor Jagoda
My prime question is this: what
would you/we all be willing to do for next year's PenguiCon?
I believe that a room party would be a great idea.
Would anyone be willing to host/participate in a panel?
A room party would be fantastic. If so desired, I could provide about
5 gallons of homebrewed beer to help the cause. ;-)
I'd be willing to participate in a panel, depending on the panel.
Post by Trevor Jagoda
Also, who would be willing to dish out a
small bit of money to go towards the room for the room party and the
supplies we'd need within? I believe the room rate per night is $89, so
if we book a room for Friday and Saturday nights the total room cost
would be $178. That will go down quick if people come forward to help
split up the price.
Most room parties are one-night affairs, I believe. It would bring the
cost down in a big hurry if we only had the room for one night instead
of two. I'd be willing to chip in some towards the cost.
--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/