[ubuntu-us-mi] Software Freedom Day
Greg Grossmeier
2008-06-02 19:08:04 UTC
Hello All,

I was wondering if we wanted to do something for Software Freedom Day
either "by ourselves"[0] or with another LUG/group in the area. More
information on Software Freedom Day can be found here:
http://softwarefreedomday.org/

It could be a good excuse to run an Install Fest with maybe a talk or
two about Open Source Software (demos, howtos, intros, whatever).

If we are one of the first 300 teams to sign up for it we get a special
Software Freedom Swag bag or something (from Software Freedom Day, not
Ubuntu, but Canonical/Ubuntu is one of the sponsors).

?If anyone is interested, reply to the list with your ideas etc.

Best,

Greg

[0] Wouldn't really be "by ourselves" since many of the LoCo members are
a part of other groups, so we are to begin with a multi-group group.
Ann Marie Steichmann
2008-06-02 19:45:16 UTC
Yeah, I'd be all for doing something for Software Freedom Day.

Maybe we could run a workshop for area youths. It would be nice to get
local businesses involved. Provide food, donate old pcs, etc.

-Ann Marie
Wolfger

Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

My 5 today: #126074 (xserver-xorg-video-openchrome), #36923 (xorg),
#15178 (linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15), #102443 (clamtk), #177951
(update-manager)
Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day