[ubuntu-us-mi] Web Hosting Recommendations
Mike Ward
2010-03-25 21:55:22 UTC
Hi.

I know this is probably a common question, but any recommendations on
web hosting. Just looking for something cheap, nothing high traffic (a
little personal site). Probably need barely more than static HTML
pages, but I'd like to at least have PHP just in case. Any
recommendations or advice about registrars would be nice, too.

- Mike
Robert Citek
2010-03-25 21:58:51 UTC
If it's that low traffic, you could host it yourself at home.

As for a registrars and name resolvers I've used DynDNS and EveryDNS
(which is now part of DynDNS)

Regards,
- Robert
Joshua Panter
2010-03-26 15:40:34 UTC
Check out five beans, I have been using them for months, no problems
whatsoever.

http://fivebean.com/

they even offer discounts on the ubuntu forums for ubuntu users :)

JoshP
- Mike
Jay R. Wren
2010-03-26 20:24:46 UTC
While I definitely agree with the "local companies" sentiment of the
recommendation for a2hosting, I'm going to recommend a company that is
based in Utah.

bluehost.com gives back some AWESOME patches to the linux community.
They are one of the biggest web hosts in the nation (probably world) and
they have greatly improved the linux kernel, mysql and apache. You can

- Mike
Jay R. Wren