[ubuntu-us-mi] Problem with 9.04 on Thinkpad T61P (Mike Bernson)
Stephen Aghaulor
2009-05-06 12:47:26 UTC
Have you considered trying ext4? I'm using it now. It seems to perform much
faster than ext3.

-Stephen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
No......

There is some kind of problem with the kernel that is causing file system
errors. I can not use 9.04 until get fixed.
-Stephen
Scott Moser
2009-05-06 17:12:22 UTC
Post by Mike Bernson
No......
There is some kind of problem with the kernel that is causing file system
errors. I can not use 9.04 until get fixed.
Well, you mentioned the 'nv' driver. As always, graphics drivers are
suspect. I'd try
a.) trying a "restricted driver" (or disabling the restricted driver
if you're using it)
b.) disabling any hardware acceleration.

Neither is a permenant solution, but might help you.

Scott
Mike Bernson
2009-05-06 18:49:25 UTC
The problem happened with both the nv and nvidia (restircted) driver.

I did turn off all the visual effects stuff. I was looking to see if
anyone else had this kind of problem. I did not have the time now to
play with reload the box a few hours so I have switch batch to 8.10.

I will try 9.04 in a while again when I have free time to be able to
reload the box a number of time as the file system get damaged.