[ubuntu-us-mi] The Ubuntu Global Jam - Michigan Edition
Greg Grossmeier
2009-08-28 00:46:11 UTC
*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

The Michigan Local Community Team will be participating in the Ubuntu
Global Jam on October 3rd.

What is the Ubuntu Global Jam? Essentially it is a time when the various
LoCo teams get together and jam out at what ever they have interest in.
So some will be having Bug Jams, others Packaging Jams, or even
Translation Jams. More info here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

What will the awesome Michigan LoCo be doing at OUR Jam? We'll that's up
to you, really! So far we have interest in both a Bug Jam and a Packaging
Jam. The Bug Jam will consist of an introduction to bug triage [0] and
then plenty of times for Q&A/self-exploration/team learning.

The Packaging Jam crew will be available to help people get the hang of
packaging Ubuntu .debs [1] and by the end of the day I'm sure there will
be a few new, or updated, software packages.

And, of course, as it is a Jam, we're open to other ideas!

With all of this going on it is sure to be a great time!

==Here are the important details:==
* What: Michigan LoCo's Global Jam
* When: October 3rd from 12 (noon) to 6pm
* Where: SRT Solutions in Ann Arbor [2]
* Why: To rock out on Ubuntu before the release of Karmic Koala.
* Who: YOU! Your friends! Your neighbors! And all of the wonderful
members of the Michigan LoCo team.

As with any event like this, and especially if you don't live in Ann
Arbor, I recommend carpooling. Feel free to use the mailing list to
coordinate rides.

If you have any questions, email the list. If you have any great ideas of
other things we can do, email the list. If you just want to introduce
yourself before coming to the event, email the list!

Hope to see you all there!

Best,

Greg

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage

[1] If you are interested in participating in the Packaging Jam part, it
is highly suggested that you read this page first and follow all of the
suggestions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Jams/Packaging (It is written for
people running Packaging Jams, but it is useful for those wanting to
participate as well).

[2] http://srtsolutions.com/Contact/ContactSRT.aspx
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Ben Rousch
2009-08-31 20:13:06 UTC
Barring another blizzard, I'm definitely going to this meeting! Does anyone
from the Grand Rapids area want to ride together? I can seat 6 or 7 adults
in my minivan.

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
Ben Rousch
brousch at gmail.com
http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/
http://tech-ishmilok.blogspot.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Greg Grossmeier
2009-09-03 20:03:26 UTC
Hello Robert,

<quoting name="Robert Citek" date="2009-09-03" time="15:48:04 -0400">
Post by Robert Citek
Is there a place to sign up or do we just show up?
No need to RSVP, just show up :)

-Greg
Robert Citek
2009-10-01 12:10:14 UTC
How are things coming along for the Jam? It's only two days away and
I haven't heard too much about it here. Then again, is this the place
to be watching or some other forum?

Regards,
- Robert
Global Jam on October 3rd.
Greg Grossmeier
2009-10-01 22:12:40 UTC
<quoting name="Robert Citek" date="2009-10-01" time="07:10:14 -0500">
Post by Robert Citek
How are things coming along for the Jam? It's only two days away and
I haven't heard too much about it here.
Yeah, sorry about the quietness, I'll send out a separate REMINDER email
after this.
Post by Robert Citek
Then again, is this the place
to be watching or some other forum?
Yes, this and the IRC channel are the two main communication areas; this
for long term stuff and IRC for instant stuff (naturally).

Best,

Greg