[ubuntu-us-mi] Kubuntu call for help
Kevin B. O'Brien
2009-11-04 02:31:25 UTC
I know most of you are using the inexplicable Gnome, but there is also
some activity on the Kubuntu front. For those who prefer the best
desktop environment with their Ubuntu, may I call your attention to

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/timelord

I plan to see how I can get involved in this, and perhaps I will find some of you there.

Regards,
--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
nadreck at palain.com Linux User #333216

"There are some experiences in life which should not be demanded twice
from any man, and one of them is listening to the Brahms Requiem." --
George Bernard Shaw
Mike Ward
2009-11-04 15:50:02 UTC
Post by Kevin B. O'Brien
I know most of you are using the inexplicable Gnome, but there is also
some activity on the Kubuntu front. For those who prefer the best
desktop environment with their Ubuntu, may I call your attention to
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/timelord
I plan to see how I can get involved in this, and perhaps I will find some of you there.
Interesting. I'm another Kubuntu user, suffering under the Gnomish
Oppressors. It's encouraging to see a little more focus on KDE in
Ubuntu.
Wolfger
2009-11-04 17:11:49 UTC
Post by Mike Ward
Post by Kevin B. O'Brien
I know most of you are using the inexplicable Gnome, but there is also
some activity on the Kubuntu front. For those who prefer the best
desktop environment with their Ubuntu
Interesting. I'm another Kubuntu user, suffering under the Gnomish
Oppressors. It's encouraging to see a little more focus on KDE in
Ubuntu.
I have a sudden urge to start singing "we shall overcome"...
--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.
t jagoda
2009-11-04 18:52:39 UTC
I have a sudden urge to invent a song entitled "we will mercilessly crush
you." =P
Post by Wolfger
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Kevin B. O'Brien <nadreck at palain.com>
Post by Kevin B. O'Brien
I know most of you are using the inexplicable Gnome, but there is also
some activity on the Kubuntu front. For those who prefer the best
desktop environment with their Ubuntu
Interesting. I'm another Kubuntu user, suffering under the Gnomish
Oppressors. It's encouraging to see a little more focus on KDE in
Ubuntu.
I have a sudden urge to start singing "we shall overcome"...
--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/
The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by t jagoda
I have a sudden urge to invent a song entitled "we will mercilessly crush
you." =P
I'm sorry but Microsoft has already created, and patented that song :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:52 PM, t jagoda <spam.goes.here48048 at gmail.com>
Post by t jagoda
I have a sudden urge to invent a song entitled "we will mercilessly crush
you." =P
I'm sorry but Microsoft has already created, and patented that song :)
Songs are copyrightable, not patentable. They have, however, patented
a *method for producing songs* about crushing the competition.

Kevin B. O'Brien
2009-11-06 22:41:27 UTC
Post by t jagoda
I have a sudden urge to invent a song entitled "we will mercilessly
crush you." =P
I will prevail because I am pure of heart.

Regards,
--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
nadreck at palain.com Linux User #333216

"Once a newspaper touches a story, the facts are lost forever, even to
the protagonists." - Norman Mailer
Mike Ward
2009-11-07 18:26:14 UTC
Post by t jagoda
I have a sudden urge to invent a song entitled "we will mercilessly crush
you." =P
Gnome probably left out that configuration option. I'll bet KDE lets
you change it, though.

*ducks*