[ubuntu-us-mi] 12.10 Release Party
Craig Maloney
2012-10-11 12:04:35 UTC
Hello, all,

We're coming up on release party time, around the 20th or 21st of
October. We're still looking for a venue to house it, so if you have an
idea on where we could have a release party, please contact the venue to
see if they could house around 20 people. Once you have it confirmed,
please post to the list, and we'll see if we can get something going.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what's new with 12.10!
Craig Maloney (craig at decafbad.net) http://decafbad.net
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big,
wear glasses if you need 'em." -- The Webb Wilder Credo
gib
2012-10-11 12:34:45 UTC
Any other criteria? MHB - must have beer. Wireless internet? Electrical outlets?Can we do a paid hall? I have a conflict on the 20th. So, 21 would be better for me.

Woman is 57 But Looks 27
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5076bd2c641713d2b45d8st04vuc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by gib
Any other criteria?
MHB - must have beer.
Optional, but desirable.
Post by gib
Wireless internet?
Preferable, but few places have shared wifi that isn't suboptimal.
Post by gib
Electrical outlets?
Preferable and desirable.
Post by gib
Can we do a paid hall?
Unless you're willing to personally fund it, we have a budget of $0 to
work with. :)
Post by gib
I have a conflict on the 20th. So, 21 would be better for me.
Yeah, I'm thinking the 20th would be better, as Sunday night events tend
to get less attendance, being a school night and all.

Tony Bemus
2012-10-11 13:43:54 UTC
Fort St Brewery in Lincoln Park is a good meeting place. I see how that
is a trip for some people. What about going back to Corner st brewery
in Ypsilanti?

tony

Preferable, but few places have shared wifi that isn't suboptimal.
Post by gib
Electrical outlets?
Preferable and desirable.

--
Tony Bemus
Bemus Hosting and Computer Repair
http://www.bemushosting.com
Mike Ward
2012-10-11 13:48:28 UTC
I don't know how ideal it is for other people, but FSB is right in my
neighbor hood. It's got wireless and beer. I don't know about
electrical outlets, because I've never looked, but if FSB becomes a
serious contender for the location, I could make an excuse to go up
there and look around for them.

- Mike
Post by Tony Bemus
Fort St Brewery in Lincoln Park is a good meeting place. I see how that
is a trip for some people. What about going back to Corner st brewery
in Ypsilanti?
tony
Preferable, but few places have shared wifi that isn't suboptimal.
Post by gib
Electrical outlets?
Preferable and desirable.
Craig Maloney
2012-10-11 13:51:49 UTC
Post by Tony Bemus
Fort St Brewery in Lincoln Park is a good meeting place. I see how that
is a trip for some people. What about going back to Corner st brewery
in Ypsilanti?
If someone wants to contact these places to see if they're amenable,
we can check them out. I've also got a note to ask the Royal Oak Brewery
if they could handle it. James Hice has been asking around as well.

Hoping to have some options available so it's not just one tentative
place that may or may not work. :)

Thanks!
gib
2012-10-11 18:34:35 UTC
I'm not going to be able to make it the evening of the 20th. So, Friday the 19th or earlier in the day?

Refinance for 1.750%/2.926% APR
Loans under 729K usually qualify for US GOV backed refinance programs
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5077117dee3ba117d56b4st04vuc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I called the Warren Valley Golf Club. They have a free bar area called the Ross room. It has wireless access and we can purchase beverages. We don't need to reserve or pay. They do recommend that we call ahead and let them know we are coming - they need to be sure to have a bartender on duty. Their web site:http://www.warrenvalleygolf.com/cat/Weddings++Banquets-13.html Phone: (313) 730-0100 Address:Warren Valley is located on the north side of West Warren Street between Inkster Road and Beech Daly Road. From the East you can either get off I-96 (the Jefferies) at Telegraph and from their South to Warren Road West. From I-94 take Telegraph North to Warren road West.

View Larger Map Warren Valley Golf Club
26116 Warren
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
(313) 561-1040 Warren Valley Golf Club

Woman is 53 But Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/50771b341c9fe1b3359a3st02vuc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hey all,

It's time to decide on where we will be having the release party. Here
are my personal top three options that we're heard thus far:

1) Royal Oak Brewery: My personal favorite, as it's just down the street
from where I live. Has the space for us, and reservations are as easy as
a phone call 24 hours in advance. They have wifi, but not sure about
plugs. They have a decent selection of real food as well as beers on
tap. Parking can be had relatively close if you park in the Farmer's
Market lot.

2) Black Lotus: This one is in Clawson. Parking is relatively close if
you park behind the establishment, but it's a little smaller than ROyal
Oak Brewery. It has the advantage of being next to the Drive-in, which
is a virtual driving range. Food is good, and they have wifi.

3) Fort Street Brewery: Located in Lincoln Park, they look like they
have a decent menu
(http://www.fortstreetbeer.com/linked/fsb_2012_web_menu.pdf) and wifi.
Several of the downriver folks are familiar with this location, and it
seemed quite popular.

So, those are my top three location picks. I'd like to have something
decided and ready to go by Wednesday, so I'd like a sense of where folks
would like to go for the release party. Please respond with which
location you'd prefer, and we'll get something set up.

Also thinking Saturday would work best, but if someone can make a
compelling argument for Sunday (maybe during the day) that could be a
possibility.

Thanks!
Craig Maloney (craig at decafbad.net) http://decafbad.net
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big,
wear glasses if you need 'em." -- The Webb Wilder Credo
mike bader
I have a conflict starting at 6PM on Saturday. So, earlier is better for me. I need to get to a location in Dearborn Heights at 6PM. If you choose to go to the Warren Valley Golf course that would solve my conflict. The site is Beach Daily and Warren Roads in Dearborn Heights. They have a bar with wifi. We would need to call ahead.

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/507d96b9473b016b828ebst01vuc
Post by gib
I have a conflict starting at 6PM on Saturday. So, earlier is better
for me. I need to get to a location in Dearborn Heights at 6PM. If
you choose to go to the Warren Valley Golf course that would solve my
conflict. The site is Beach Daily and Warren Roads in Dearborn
Heights. They have a bar with wifi. We would need to call ahead.
I think the golf course wouldn't work out for our purposes. We usually
get some good cross-talk between our group and other folks in the bar /
area, which gives us some outreach. If we're sequestered on a golf
course, that wouldn't allow us the same opportunities.

We could do this Sunday afternoon if that would work out better for
folks. If folks would rather it be Sunday, I'm OK with that.

gib
2012-10-17 00:57:53 UTC
I have a conflict starting at 6PM on Saturday. So, earlier is better
for me. I need to get to a location in Dearborn Heights at 6PM. If
you choose to go to the Warren Valley Golf course that would solve my
conflict. The site is Beach Daily and Warren Roads in Dearborn
Heights. They have a bar with wifi. We would need to call ahead.
I think the golf course wouldn't work out for our purposes. We usually
get some good cross-talk between our group and other folks in the bar /
area, which gives us some outreach. If we're sequestered on a golf
course, that wouldn't allow us the same opportunities.
I'm able to make it on Sunday. But Saturday evening would be impossible.

So, can we find out how many can make it Saturday and how many can make it Sunday?

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/507e02c0dfeab2c0738cst02vuc
mike bader
2012-10-17 01:23:39 UTC
I am busy Saturday until 4 or later.