[ubuntu-us-mi] Fwd: Penguicon 2011!
Greg Grossmeier
2011-03-08 17:39:10 UTC
Hi again Team (sorry for the barrage of emails lately),

See below this request for participation at PCon from the Tech Track
lead, Krunal.

If you have any ideas share them with the list or with Krunal directly.

Things we have done in the past:
* Bug Triage How-To
* Packaging Jam/How-To
* Tech lightning talks

Let me know if you have any questions,

Greg

----- Forwarded message from Krunal Desai <movszx at gmail.com> -----
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 10:05:16 -0500
From: Krunal Desai <movszx at gmail.com>
To: greg at grossmeier.net
Subject: Penguicon 2011!
Hi Greg!
My name is Krunal Desai; I am the Tech Track head for Penguicon 2011.
Brad McMahon told me that you're interested in holding an Ubuntu
release party or similar at this year's con? I'd like to talk to you
more about getting you some prime space for the party, plus seeing if
you or members of the LoCo would like to give any talks/presentations
as well (pretty please!). It wouldn't be a very good open-source and
science fiction convention when you have no Ubuntu presence, after
all.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Regards,
Krunal Desai
PCon 2011 Tech Track Head
----- End forwarded message -----
--
| Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |
Thurston Matthews
2011-03-09 04:27:03 UTC
Hi everybody. Check out this scrip that I made which shows off the
rtmpdump command I was talking about at MUG today. If you weren't there,
I told about how this cool command lets you bypass Flash to play FLV
live streaming video in high quality on a slower computer like a
netbook. You will need to install the package under the same name
(rtmpdump). You will also need the mplayer package if you don't have
that already.

Here is a copy of my script for download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/303887/watchTV

This script puts up this list of channels for you to select. Enjoy!

Choose a channel:
1 - Al Jazeera
2 - C-Span 1
3 - C-Span 2