[ubuntu-us-mi] Webspace hosting decision
Greg Grossmeier
2007-12-01 20:38:44 UTC
Hey everyone,

Now that we are approved, the special perks start rolling in.

For instance, I am now the admin of the mailing list, so if there are
any problems they will most likely be fixed earlier.

Also, we now get real webspace hosting from Canonical (see email
below), not just a wiki page. We have two options with that actually:

A) We let Canonical host it. Pluses: free, basic maintenance is taken
care of. Minuses: limited software available
- more info here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoHosting
B) We host it ourselves. Pluses: we can install what we want.
Minuses: Non-free, slightly more admin time

I would like to discuss this at our next meeting (tomorrow night[1])
to see what we think the best option is. So please come if you have
an opinion/suggestion on the topic.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well,

greg

[1] Meeting agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/Meetings/IRC-20071202