[ubuntu-us-mi] Fwd: Global Game Jam - Detroit and elsewhere
Wolfger
2009-01-16 10:23:06 UTC
In case anybody's interested...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rich Elswick <painbank at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Subject: [penguicon-general] Global Game Jam - Detroit and elsewhere
To: penguicon-general at penguicon.org

Hi all,

On Jan 30-Feb 1st, Global Game Jam is including Detroit as one of many
locations participating in the 48 hours of Game Development. Wayne
Statue, University, TechTown, Pixel It Productions and IGDA Detoirt
are pulling together to particiapte in this global event. There is a
fee of $25, which covers food during the event, such as Beagels,
pizza, and perhaps some subs for lunch. We have access for the full
48 hours and it should be a blast.

Come on out, pay in advance or at the door (preferred in advance or at
least let me know you might come out.)

All that is required is to show up, work on a game and have fun.
Submissions at the end go into the public domain, so no one owns
anything and it is all fun. For full details about the Jam go here:
www.GlobalGameJam.org and for specifics about our local jam,
directions and such, go here:
http://www.igdadetroit.org/?page_id=89

21 slots are open, so hurry now and sign up, although we can probably
accomidate more, there is no guarantee. First 25 signups get Pins and
Tshirts. Some door prizes will be given away as well.

Thanks and please spread the word,
Rich Elswick
richard at moyaentertainment.com
586-782-4434
IGDA Detroit Coordinator and Detroit Jam Organizer
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/

The world is a mess, and I just... need to rule it.