[ubuntu-us-mi] Meeting Schedule
Greg Grossmeier
2007-11-12 00:22:22 UTC
Hello all,

First of all, I would just like to make a public "thank you" to Rick
and Aaron for putting on the Packaging Jam. Everyone who has heard
about it thought it was a great idea; we will even get a little bit of
publicity from it. There will be a little synopsis in the Ubuntu
Weekly Newsletter that comes out tonight (Sunday).

Second thing, meetings. I think it might be a good idea to have
meetings every 2 weeks since we have some things various people are
working on right now and semi-frequent updates might help. Thus, the
next meeting then will be Sunday Nov. 18th at 7pm (see the wiki for
more details and the in-progress agenda*). Feel free to add your
questions/concerns/ideas to the agenda.

Third (wow, three things), Bug Helping. Christer (Zelut), the lead of
the US LoCo mentoring Team, was at the Ubuntu Developer Summit and
came back with some great ideas. One of them was harnessing the
skills of the LoCo teams to help submit/triage/fix bugs for 8.04. To
do this there will be a mini "Ubuntu Open Week" the week after
Thanksgiving on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8pm EST. These
mini-teaching sessions will focus on submitting the first day,
triaging the second, and fixing/etc the last day. I think it would be
a great way for members of the team to learn more about how Ubuntu
works and how to make it better. No knowledge of programming is
required.

That is it for now. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Best,

Greg

* link: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/Meetings/IRC-20071118